Your PRI Forum Account

Discussion in 'Forum Info and Questions' started by 9anda1f, Feb 28, 2014.

1. 9anda1f

9anda1f Administrator Staff Member

Climate:
    Semi-Arid Shrub Steppe (BsK)
    When you create and activate an account with the PRI Forums, you can rest assured that your information will not be sold or given to anyone and will not be used to convey marketing or sales information. Your account here is solely for participating on the forums to discuss Permaculture and things related to Permaculture in a manner consistent with Pc ethics.

If you choose to leave the PRI Forums at a future point, please be aware that we are unable to 'delete your account'. This would remove every post that you have ever made, making conversations on the board appear to make no sense. Please remember the golden rule of not posting something if you think you are going to regret it later. If a user wishes to stop participating here, it is recommended that they simply stop logging in and posting. As one of our members stated, "no one will come after you"! ;)

Thanks for your participation!
    Craig, Kirsten, Bill

2. S.O.P

S.O.P Moderator

Can a user ask for individual posts (with a reason) to be deleted or removed?

How about threads started by an individual, such as a Member's System thread?

3. 9anda1f

9anda1f Administrator Staff Member

Climate:
    Semi-Arid Shrub Steppe (BsK)
    Certainly.

I would imagine, especially if there were some specifics related to say exact location or similar. For instance, we have removed phone numbers and addresses upon request. But remember that information about an individual's Permaculture activities may be of considerable use to another member. We have a treasure trove of knowledge and experience here, and it would be a shame to delete hard-won and unique information on a whim.

4. songbird

songbird Senior Member

gardening, reading, etc
    Home Page:
    Climate:
    -15C-35C, 10cm rain/mo, clay, full sun, K-G Dfa=x=Dfb

i think for some short threads that have not been quoted by others it would be safe to remove them completely upon request. :) like if someone makes a test post and nobody replies to it. why keep that cluttering the archive? (actually i would not mind a test forum that self-destructs all posts after a day or two :) ), kinda like a garden that self-weeds. we could call it chookville... alright, i'm just kidding, i think, maybe... :) cheers,

The Soil Regen Guy and Tassietim like this.