where would I find information about a Ronaldson tipett 3 piston spray pump

Discussion in 'Designing, building, making and powering your life' started by Krankieone, Jan 9, 2011.

1. Krankieone

Krankieone Junior Member

I bought an old Ronaldson Tippett Orchard Sprayer with spray booms with the hope of applying some organic fertiliser to my pastures .Before I used it I wanted to give the pump an overhaul but am finding it difficult to work out what model it is or find any manuals ,exploded diagrams etc there is lots of information on the net about Ronaldson Tippett engines but have drawn a blank on there pumps .can anyone point me in the rite direction

thanks

Frank

2. purplepear

purplepear Junior Member

Farm manager/ educator
    Home Page:
    Climate:
    warm temperate - some frost - changing every year
    Hey Cranky Frank - I wonder if the pump is made seperately and is added to the RT motor. Perhaps you need to be specific when you dismantle. Will parts be a worry or is making them also an option?

3. Krankieone

Krankieone Junior Member

The pump originally had a petrol motor (R&T) Chain driven but had been converted to pto drive when the magneto died.I'll take a picture & post it up tonight.

The pump has Ronaldson & Tippett cast in the crankcase cover I have seen smaller single & twin cylinder R&T pumps years ago but never paid that much attention to them

Parts can always be a worry with any old machinery but if you cant repair the parts you have you can find them or someone who can seals can be a bit hard to track down.

4. Michaelangelica

Michaelangelica Junior Member

Locally there is an old guy repairing almost any old machine.
    Skills increasingly rare.
    He collects them and takes them to Fairs and School FĂȘtes etc to show them off.

Sometime the Power House Museum has info in their files about old machinery (they have a searchable data base)

5. DonHansford

DonHansford Junior Member

Most districts will have a vintage/veteran engine club. Ask around some of the older servos, they may be able to point you to someone.

Most piston pumps are fairly basic design. Any parts needed could be made by a competent amateur with a lathe/milling machine, or any machine shop. Same with the engines - Southern Cross, Lister, RT and IBC were all made to be serviced in the field by bore runners and/or windmill experts. Older mechanics can usually sort them out, but the newer ones simply don't learn the skills, nowadays.

Note: They probably aren't suitable for compost teas, etc, as they are generally high pressure pumps. If you really need to use a pump for teas, etc, then get an open impeller centrifugal pump - much lower pressure.

6. Krankieone

Krankieone Junior Member

i'm trying to up load some pictures But I having trouble try ing to get my camera or phone to connect with the mac . . . .

7. Krankieone

Krankieone Junior Member

eventually

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

8. Grasshopper

Grasshopper Senior Member

Try your local mens shed

9. Radiola

Radiola New Member

Climate:
    Cool
    Just wondering if you found anything Frank? I have a similar sprayer with a Wisconsin VF4D engine and a Tippett compressor/pump?

10. Radiola

Radiola New Member

Climate:
    Cool
    orchard sprayer resized 1.jpg Orchard sprayer resized 2.jpg Orchard sprayer resized 4.jpg orchard sprayer resized 1.jpg Orchard sprayer resized 2.jpg Orchard sprayer resized 4.jpg orchard sprayer resized 1.jpg Orchard sprayer resized 2.jpg Orchard sprayer resized 4.jpg

Attached Files:

11. Radiola

Radiola New Member

Climate:
    Cool
    Found this online

Attached Files: