So You Want to Change the World

Discussion in 'The big picture' started by 9anda1f, Aug 19, 2014.

1. 9anda1f

9anda1f Administrator Staff Member

Climate:
    Semi-Arid Shrub Steppe (BsK)
  2. eco4560

eco4560 New Member

On the weekend I observed the first spring shoots of asparagus thrusting skyward and changed my world for the better by eating them fresh right then and there. This morning I observed the snow peas were looking particularly delightful so I changed my world again and ate one. I'm sure I evolved just a little bit in the process.

I've been into existentialist thought since I was a teenager. Nice to see the next generation catching up with it.

3. mischief

mischief Senior Member

s/e
    Climate:
    Cool mountain
    Thank you 9andolf

4. Ubuntu Andrew

Ubuntu Andrew New Member

5. Bryant RedHawk

Bryant RedHawk Junior Member

Arkansas Senior Appraiser
    Climate:
    USDA zone 7b,8a.
    Most of the people inhabiting mother earth have never understood that all things are connected and dependent upon all other things to survive. Mankind's failure has always been to think man is the dominant species and so all other parts of mother earth should bow down to control by man. Sadly, this is not and never will be the case. Man also thinks he is the top of the food chain, until he meets brother bear in the woods, with no weapon, then man understands he is not the top of the heap, just before he is eaten by brother bear. Man rips up the soil, then cries as the 4 winds take that away, but does man stop ripping up the soil to plant crops? No, he continues on with his madness and laments that every year more of the good soil is gone. Most of mankind do not understand the great circle of life, nor do they understand that it is insanity to destroy the place where you live. It is only when mankind opens his mind, heart and listens with his soul, only then will man stop his insanity and begin to be the caretaker and protector he is supposed to be. It is sad that this will only happen when it is to late to salvage that which man destroyed in the name of greed.

Now, mankind is getting the fourth shaking of the world, it is happening as you read this, it will continue until man either wakes up or is gone from mother earth. Not all of this is caused by the poisoning created by man, it is all, however the result of that poisoning. Mother earth can and will protect herself against man, she has many ways to do this; earthquake, flood, drought, famine, wildfire, volcanic eruption, land slide, disease, all methods mother earth can reduce the population of the plague that is mankind.

We, the sentient beings, listen and spread the word of how to restore the balance that has long been disrupted. We give examples, show better methods and that these methods produce better quality food and more of it. Only those who worship gold have yet to listen and sadly, they are the ones who are listened to most. Only by our diligent spreading of the word of restoration can we overcome those ruled by greed and so actually change the way man deals with mother earth.

6. 9anda1f

9anda1f Administrator Staff Member

Climate:
    Semi-Arid Shrub Steppe (BsK)
    Well said Bryant!
    The idolizing of $$, pursued by a cult of personality (as opposed to character) is partially driven by television. The more "things" humans are distracted by, the less able they are to maintain a awareness of the remarkable world around them, then choose their actions accordingly. Most of industrial society operate in a reactionary mode to the various stimuli presented them via the media. I'm thinking it will take large and sustained shaking to jar the "herd" (hat tip to Kimbo!) out of their fantasies.

7. Bryant RedHawk

Bryant RedHawk Junior Member

Arkansas Senior Appraiser
    Climate:
    USDA zone 7b,8a.
    Thank you, 9anda1f.

It is a great sadness to my heart and soul that man has had people in the past tell of the short comings of mankind and yet the majority have not heard one word of the wise ones.
    I recently listened to the State of The Union Speech and the following rebuttals.
    I laughed as the President of the USA virtually contradicted everything he had proposed and touted over the past 6 years.
    It is a tragedy when the leaders of a country are slapped in the face with a message and still do not have a clue about what the message was.

It is time for all those in the USA who bother to vote to take back the government by not re-electing anyone who is currently a Congressman or Senator. Only when the voters continually remove those they choose to lead will those chosen understand that serving is just that and not a profession.
    Only when the voters constantly remind the elected that they are there to represent the whole, not just themselves, will those elected begin to actually do what is right and in short order because they understand their time to serve the people is short and so must be used well and for the good of all.

That is the type of Congress which was envisioned by the founding fathers and those that fought beside them to create this great experiment.
    A member of Congress was supposed to serve out of a desire to help the nation and then return to private life, resuming their capitalist roles and providing for their family.
    Only after the Civil War, when the Northern Congressmen decided that length of time as an elected official was what determined who was in power did things change from the Ideals of the Constitution and the First Congress. The loosing south, in all their collective wisdom, understood that by re-electing the same people would they be able to have any real say in the doings of the Congress. That was, the beginning of the end of the Power to The People which this country was founded to insure.

Now it is time to undo all that was created by the fears of those defeated in that sad war and re-educate the people on what the word democracy actually means, for this country has not practiced what they preach for many, many years.

Once that happens, then the rest of what must happen can follow.