I've found my goats! (and another little surprise) Yay

Discussion in 'Planting, growing, nurturing Plants' started by Tamandco, Nov 7, 2005.

1. gargun

gargun Junior Member

Two??!! :shock:

omg Tully.....at least leave me a little hope... *sob*

Frog Song Farm is gonna end up being renamed Lolly's Ark if I can't rein her in a little! :lol:

Ray

2. Tamandco

Tamandco Junior Member

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Oh, you saw the cable reel thingy. :shock: I thought I'd edited that pretty quickly. :oops:

She's what's called 'A' grade. Anything from her to a pure bred buck is considered pure bred. The little buck kid is half, and half British Alpine.

Here's the cable thingy back. I'll try and get a better one on Monday. I didn't crop it this time. If you look just below the verandah rail, you'll see the netting on those flowers you want the seeds of. :lol:

[​IMG]

3. ~Tullymoor~

~Tullymoor~ Junior Member

Yeah, that's the one! Why for you took it down? I reckon it was great!

Oh, yes, I see the big condom things on the seed heads, good on you, not as if you don't have enough to do :?

4. ~Tullymoor~

Oh, yeah, another thing...what type of fences do you have the goats in and can you keep me posted as to what anti-fence/escapee behaviours they exhibit please????

5. Tamandco

Tamandco Junior Member

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

They just go where they bloody well please!

Actually, they can't get into my garden which is post and rail, about boob height, with cyclone (chain mesh) insert. But the rest of the property is reinforced with 2 strands of polywire (electric) and they the 2 big ones just pop through it to follow me to the feed room, then pop back. They don't seem to go there when I'm not there. I don't think they're very bright! :tongue3:

6. ~Tullymoor~

Oh, great!
    (Gargun, shut your eyes! She's getting them if she wants them! She has perfected the art of persuasion, remember??!! :lol: )

We are going to have three foot chicken wire round the whole place...with a plain wire on top I guess....reckon they'll go over or are they just a go straight through type of critter you think???

7. Tamandco

Tamandco Junior Member

Always fencing to do. Always more fencing, and more fencing. I dream about fencing. We've been doing fencing since we moved here! Aggghhhhh fencing!!!!!

See the sheds. That's the area I call the village. Everything fits under the canopy of that wonderful old oak tree. My vegie gardens are behind them. Everything happens there so I spend a great deal of time there. Hence my thread on zones, remember?

We will be enclosing that entire area with the boob height post and rail and cyclone fencing and that's basically where the goats will live. I'll set up temporary pens when I can get my hands on some more of that ARC fencing that I missed out on :evil: :evil: :evil: in the areas I want them to 'WORK' but they'll come back to the village to sleep at night.

Poor old Buddy the shetland's been kicked out temporarily while we settle these guys in. The village is his little home too cos it's easy to restrict his food intake. (being a shetland and on a permanent diet)

8. Tamandco

Tamandco Junior Member

I had the little Billy (that's what we called him) in a pen made up of old a.r.c. gates about 3ft high and he bounced right over the top. The 12' long standard farm gate you can see is fine and I'm pretty sure it's closer to 4'. ....... Yes, I just went and checked it, and the fence is 4', and the gate is probably 2" under 4' allowing for a gap at the bottom.

9. ~Tullymoor~

hehehehahahahehehe

10. Dani

Dani Junior Member

if you have fuses you should be right, safety switches stop ppl. from being zapped.

11. frosty

frosty Junior Member

they are really cute Tam :D

Tully
    we have 1m high fences ringlock on the bottom with a Hot wire on top ...... some of the ringlock is the 700mm high stuff with the 300mm big holes and when they were little the kids could get through it ...... but they only did it one when we had mum locked up for milking

when they were old enough to withstand the shock :lol: we put another hot wire on a small outrigger at about 300mm high ........now they stay well away !

thr newer fencing we used a ringlock with smaller holes because we also want it to be chook proof ........ this didnt have the low hot wire at first because the kids cant fit through but Hope did get her head stuck in a square trying to reach through the fence ....... so now it too has a hot wire !

an electric fence is very handy and in the end does save money on fencing and maintenance

frosty

12. Lolly

Lolly Junior Member

:lol: Smiling sweetly... madly planning!!!! :D