A rocket mass heater is:
• Cheap to run. About a tenth the cost of natural gas, electric or conventional wood heat.
• Clean. They emit about a hundredth of the smoke of a conventional wood stove.
• Good for the environment. Less than 2% of CO2 emissions of natural gas or electric heat. Can reduce your carbon footprint as much as parking 7 cars.
• Sustainable. It uses a renewable fuel which is easy to find and store.
• Cheap to build. About $200 to $600.
• Quick to build. Often built in a weekend
This 4-DVD set about how to build rocket mass heaters was released in September of 2016:
DVD 1: Cob Style
If a person was going to get just one DVD, this would be the one. A cob style rocket mass heater is “the old reliable”. We have two projects to demonstrate this technique. One in a log home and one in a tipi. We put one in a tipi as part of an experiment to test how warm a person can be with a rocket mass heater and zero insulation. We interview the couple that stayed in the tipi for the first winter, with a strong focus on how comfortable they were when it was 26 degrees below zero.
This DVD will also be available as a standalone DVD. We tried to make this DVD dual purpose. Something that could fit within the new 4-DVD set, and something that could fit for people that want just one DVD.
DVD 2: Pebble Style
We will show the construction of three pebble style rocket mass heaters. The difference with these is that the mass is usually a wood bench filled with pebbles and rocks. A different aesthetic. These designs are (relative to cob style) easy to move and modify. They also tend to be lighter, thus, better for installing in places that have a wood floor.
DVD 3: Shippable Core
The kickstarter from two years ago showed an early prototype. We were certain that by the time the video came out, people could buy a shippable core and plug it in. In the time that has passed, that didn’t happen. We ended up releasing a variety of information on how to make your own – and now, in this video, we supply the “how to” video for a variety of techniques.
DVD 4: Innovators Event
Last fall we put on an event where Ernie and Erica invited several rocket mass heater innovators that they thought were the best in the world. Each innovator was provided with the materials to create whatever they wanted. The results were: “the ring of fire” – a rocket mass heater shaped in a circle with glass to show the burn; an outdoor rocket mass heater/cooker/smoker; A “batch box style” rocket mass heater with measured output cleaner than anything we have ever encountered; An indoor rocket stove, griddle and water heater.
Gimmie, gimmie, gimmie!
You have multiple options:
• The new 4-DVD set “Better Wood Heat: DIY Rocket Mass Heaters” (BWH)
• The old 4-DVD set “Wood Burning Stoves 2.0” (WBS2)
• Both – a total of 8 DVDs
• The new single DVD “Building a Cob Style Rocket Mass Heater” (DVD 1 of the new 4)
Digital Download (no physical DVDs)
Damn cheap! And you can start watching in minutes!
(Editors Note) All purchases are made via Pauls store, not the PRI Store. This can be located here, https://richsoil.com/wood-heat.jsp
HD Streaming (no physical DVDs)
Fancy like Netflix or Amazon! And you can start watching in minutes!