The Permaculture Soils Course redefines ‘sustainable agriculture’ as ‘our ability to build soil fertility as we improve production and reduce cost and labor’. Very few systems are able to achieve this goal in an affordable and achievable way.
This year we are holding this course at The Permaculture Research Insitute’s Zaytuna Farm from the 8th – 12th of August, 2016. You will leave the farm with the tools to be more productive in your backyard, in a greenhouse, on the farm, or in the city. This course will give you a firm foundation for building soil fertility, achieving food security and food sovereignty with the knowledge to grow affordable food, almost anywhere.
We take the mystery out of the complex sciences of specialist composting, soil microbiology and plant nutrition and we teach you how to manage and apply solutions in easy to understand, easy to apply forms.
Who should Attend:
- Anyone interested in building soil fertility and recovering degraded soils.
- Gardners and horticulturalists interested in reducing labor and increasing production.
- Farmers and farm managers.
- Land reclamation and reforestation groups.
- Soil consultants, composting consultants and agronomists.
- Permaculturalists and permaculture consultants.
ABOUT THE TEACHER
Paul Taylor has owned and operated more than a dozen organic properties and is a 3rd generation organic food farmer and horticulturist, he is the managing director of Trust Nature Pty Ltd and the Co-founder of Hidden Garden Sustainable Farms. He has developed the Bio-Vital System of biological soil management as a practical easy to understand, easy to apply soils recovery and food production system.
Paul is an energetic and engaging teacher with a gift to give you the practical skill and knowledge for growing organic food profitably almost anywhere. His teaching and consulting have taken him from India to Outer Mongolia, from the USA to Australia, from greenhouses in Saudi Arabia to the wilderness of New Zealand.
His courses are dynamic, fun, hands-on and full of knowledge, where you learn management skills and principles that apply to the backyard garden as well as the broad acre farm.
Paul is an approved Australian Federal Government educator under the FarmReady Program, holds a Certificate IV in training and assessment. He is a Permaculture Consultant with the Permaculture Research Institute and has worked as an educator, trainer, biological soil consultant for nearly 20 years.
For more Information or to book, please visit: Permaculture Soils Course with Paul Taylor from August 8th to August 12th, 2016.
- Make a Living Growing Food
- Food Security and Food Sovereignty
- Food Sovereignty
- Background on our How to Make your own Natural Fertiliser Soil Science Course
- A Small Acreage Permaculture Makeover NSW Australia
- Christmas Island gets its First Dam