We would love to introduce you to the wonderful world of Aquaponics. Aquaponics is the cultivation of plants using the waste water from fish or aquatic creature which supplies the nutrients for the plants. Those using Aquaponics at home will be able to deliver fresh healthy chemical free produce in their backyard with the benefit of having access to fresh fish.
Our specially designed education centre has been teaching students about Aquaponics & Hydroponics over the past 12mths. We are getting great results from the centre & have grown edibles such as tomatoes, strawberries, chillies & leafy greens. The Aquaponics tank which is situated inside the centre is home to Silverperch.
We are excited to offer you an opportunity to join us for a practical & hands on Aquaponics workshop on how to build your own aquaponics system and produce organic produce and fresh fish in your own backyard. We will use our trusted & specially designed education centre located at Seven Hills Highschool to deliver attendees with the latest trend to growing healthy produce. We have created a simple program to understand based on our own experience & expert advice that is designed to give attendees the knowledge and confidence to build a range of DIY backyard aquaponics setups in their own backyards. We know there is no one way to do Aquaponics, so on the day you will be introduced to several setups to help ensure you get a grasp on the different options out there for home aquaponics systems. Then you can build your own setup with confidence.
What You Will Learn
• The theory behind the Wonderful World of Aquaponics
• Nutrient cycling in different types of Aquaponics systems
• The benefits of integrating Permaculture in to your Aquaponic Design
• Different types of setups, grow beds, pumps and equipment
• Design and hands-on construction of different aquaponics systems
• The different fish food strategies
• Selecting the best fish species for your backyard system
• Selecting the best plants for your backyard system
• How to approach the design of your system, to ensure success
• Understanding ‘system cycling’
• Water Testing for Fish & Plant survival
• Fish disease prevention strategies to ensure optimal health
• Nutrient management of your crop
About The Teacher
Scott Gregory is the CEO & Founder of Sprouting Good. Scott developed a passion for Aquaponics & Sustainable food production over the past 3 yrs after discovering that he’s fast food & modern medicine lifestyle was leading to an unsustainable life. Scott has been teaching students about sustainable food production through Aquaponics, Hydroponics & Permaculture Techniques whilst Sprouting Good aims to employ homeless youth to share the vision of sustainable food production in Australia.
About The Location
The course will be taught at our Sprouting Good education centre which is situated at the Seven Hills Highschool in Seven Hills. As one of the leading Aquaponics & Hydroponics demonstration sites in Sydney we have the ability to showcase several systems. We also have access to the schools farm which houses animals & permaculture areas which will add to the learning experience.
Included in Your Fees
• Lunch on both days
• A 45 minute one on one design consultation to help you build the best system for your place
How to Enrol
You can pay for the course via our eventbrite page https://www.eventbrite.com.au/e/sprouting-goods-start-to-aquaponics-course-tickets-18160336054
Starts 11/6 9am
End 12/6 4pm
Organiser Scott Gregory
0466 909 996