Are you so concerned about the safety of genetically modified foods that you want to do something about it?
You may have read the studies, seen the documentaries or even participated in labeling initiatives in your community. If you’re like most who are somewhat familiar with the science, you’re worried about the short and long-term effects that GMOs will have on your health and the health of your clients or loved ones. You are outraged at the influence that Monsanto and the government has over public food policy, and you’re determined to be a voice for the families and individuals who want to live long and be healthy in a flourishing environment.
But you may also understand how difficult it is to overcome media misinformation when trying to educate those you care about or individual’s resistance in ‘getting’ the seriousness of the issue.
A clear, evidence-based discussion on the impact of GMOs is the most effective tool we have to increase public awareness and stop the destruction that GMOs have on the planet.
That’s why learning how to speak effectively about genetically modified organisms (GMOs) — to live audiences, media interviewers, or just friends and colleagues — is so critical.
For this reason, Jeffrey Smith, author and leading expert spokesperson on GMO dangers, is offering an online course that will teach you how to better communicate about GMOs. This comprehensive online webinar will not only give you the most up-to-date evidence and resources, but will give you the confidence and clarity you need to be an effective and influential spokesperson on GMO dangers.
This course has been revised, updated, and expanded since the speaker training Jeffrey has taught to nearly 1000 people thus far.
During this comprehensive, expert-taught course, you will learn:
- Six key components of a GMO presentation;
- Evidence documenting the serious health and environmental risks of GMOs;
- Why Roundup herbicide is described by some scientists as the world’s most chronically toxic chemical;
- How to customize PowerPoint slides (provided) for desired length and focus;
- Proven ways to motivate people to change their diets on-the-spot;
- How to present GMO labeling to audiences, potential voters in state ballot initiatives, and politicians; and
- The best ways to handle objections and turnaround industry spin.
You will receive:
- A scripted PowerPoint;
- Sample recorded lectures;
- A downloadable workshop manual;
- A comprehensive list of reference materials; and
- A recording of the complete webinar (For review, or in case you missed part of the live online event).
After the training you will be able to:
- Team up with others in your area;
- Join a GMO Speakers Bureau for increased presentation opportunities;
- Participate in ongoing teleconferences and webinars; and
- Speak with confidence and help reclaim a non-GMO food supply.
This online course is for you if:
- You are concerned about the impacts of GMOs on human and environmental health and want to do something about it;
- You are an activist who wants to educate others on the dangers of GMOs but you lack the resources to feel fully confident answering the tough questions about the science on GMOs;
- You’d like to change the laws in your community or state, and would like expert-created presentations backed by real science that you can use in your presentations to local and state officials;
- You’d want to give talks and presentations about GMOs in your community but you don’t have time to put together a quality presentation; and
- You want to educate your family and friends on a topic that concerns you deeply, and you’d like to feel confident about the information you’re sharing.
Saturday June 28 & Sunday June 29, 2014, 3 pm – 6:30 pm EST. Breaks provided.
Early Bird (Before June 12th)
- $147 for individual,
- $197 for couple,
- $73.50 single/$98.50 couple – students (and those with financial hardship) half price
After June 12th:
- $197 for individual,
- $247 for couple,
- $98.50 single/$123.50 couple.- students (and those with financial hardship) half price
For graduates of earlier speaker training programs, click here for your special course refresher discount.
About Jeffrey Smith
Jeffrey Smith is the director of the life-changing film Genetic Roulette — The Gamble of Our Lives, which won Movie of the Year (Solari Report) and Transformational Film of the Year (AwareGuide). His book Seeds of Deception is the world’s bestseller on GMOs. And his book Genetic Roulette is the authoritative compilation of GMO health risks.
Jeffrey has been speaking about GMOs for 18 years in about 40 countries. He presents regularly at medical conferences, testifies before government committees, appears on major shows such as Dr. Oz, Fox, and NPR, and has been quoted by hundreds of media outlets, including the New York Times, Washington Post, and Time Magazine. He is the Founding Executive Director of the Institute for Responsible Technology.