Permaculture Voices Mega-Conference (California, USA, March 13-16, 2014)
What is Permaculture Voices?
It’s the world’s largest professional permaculture conference, taking place in Temecula, CA, USA, this March 13-16, 2014. In other words, four epic days of networking, inspiration and learning from some of permaculture’s greatest pathfinders.
Come out and see our own Geoff Lawton speak alongside Joel Salatin, Michael Pollan, Paul Wheaton, Allan Savory, Toby Hemenway, Dr. Elaine Ingham, and many more. This will be one of permaculture’s biggest events of 2014.
Over 50 individual sessions from all of our speakers including:
- Joel Salatin
- Paul Wheaton
- Michael Pollan
- Rob & Michelle Avis
- Adam Brock
- Nicholas Wooten
- Jessica Schilke
- Jimmy Schmidt
- Chris Arnold
- Peter Ash
- Sarah Aubrey
- Greg Judy
- Mark Shepard
- Jack Spirko
- Owen Hablutzel
- Jane Higginson
- Mitra Stricklen
- Peter Hirst
- Owen Hablutzel
- Peter Hirst
- Geoff Lawton
- Larry Santoyo
- Rishi Kumar
- Craig Sponholtz
- Paul Greieve
- Valerie Loew
- Peter Hirst
- Neil Bertrando
- Allan Savory
- Toby Hemenway
- Adam Klauss
- and maybe even a few more, stay tuned..
Speaking on topics that may include:
- Localize Everything- Urban Design & Economic Development
- Taking Permaculture to the Mainstream
- Marketing Sustainable Products
- Making Permaculture a Profitable Business Model
- Forestry & Agroforestry
- Bioremediation Using Compost
- Perennial Vegetables in Commercial Landscaping
- Dryland Restoration
- Cover Crops
- Follys of the modern food system.
- Soil Science
- Holistic Livestock Management
- Urban Permaculture
- Permaculture as a Career
- Community Building
- Water Harvesting
- Watershed Management
- Permaculture in the Modern Day Society
- Biodynamics for Better Farming
- Small Dairy Herds for Small Farms
- Young, Permaculture Entreprenuers
- Paddock Shift Grazing in Drylands
- Multi-species Grazing On Leased Land
- Profitable Methods Used To Heal Land With Mob Grazing
- Tree Systems in the High Desert: Focusing on Home-Scale, Commercial-Scale, and Landscape-Scale
- 3 Years and 1 Acre in the High Desert: The Transformation to a Permaculture Site
- This is by no means a final an comprehensive topic list. This just gives you an idea of the awesome stuff that we will be talking about. More topics to come. Check back later for final topics.
Expect to see dedicated extended workshops such as:
- Joel Salatin — Animal Intensive
- Greg Judy — Mob Grazing Intesive
- Geoff Lawton — Earthworks Intensive
- 4 Hour SPIN Farming Intensive
For more information and to register, visit www.permaculturevoices.com/info
Many of us around the World cannot attend physically. I suggest you make the lectures available via the internet after the Conference has taken Place. In that way high quality permaculture teaching is made available to the masses. The technique is there, eager permaculturists are waiting and many people still to be introduced.
Kindly Erika, Sweden
Yes yes yes please!
I was going to make the exact same comment.
I second that.
I agree I sincerely hope that this conference will be broadcast via the Internet. Yes, the technology does exist and should be utilized for our Brothers and Sisters involved and promote Permaculture worldwide.
It would be great to be able to buy a dvd with everything on it at a reasonable price as well.
I second Erika’s great idea. Please record all the fabulous lectures & workshops and some how make them available , even at a cost. Too many fine minds in one place to not record for the future. All that experience and experiences to share.
Epic Line-Up. This is like a Permaculture Woodstock. Fancy them all doing a tour down under? Enjoy to anyone who is going.
Would it be possible to buy a copy of the conference proceedings as a pdf file? Or as the person above suggests, could the sessions be filmed and released via yo tube?
I too would love to come and see,
But as I can’t raise the fee,
Please put them all on pdf
& if possible make it all available free
thank yee, oh thank yee
We will be recording the conference in its entirety. It will be available after the fact via audio and video. So stay tuned. Thanks for the support. :)
Thank you Diego!!
Brilliant, Diego. Thank you.
we are very interested in this project
though i would give anything to be able to attend this and to be able to meet all the wonderful people, it is simply not affordable to be able to attend for us in india…will eagerly wait for the video of voices recorded…all the best for the great event!
Why are tickets so expensive?
Because an event like this is expensive to put on. Nutiva sponsored some much cheaper tickets, there is a farmer and student discount, and the early bird price was lower. So there are/were ways to save.
I want to take part in the training about permacultur so i need the proper guide lines