My wife, Michelle Avis, showing off her backyard bounty
at our small urban lot in Calgary, Alberta.
Do you want to make a big difference in the world growing food, working with nature, getting off the grid, heating your home… or even building your own home!?
Check out this amazing, free online 3-day event on October 1-3 called Your Future in Farming & Homesteading, where I am 1 of 12 speakers sharing my best advice for new practitioners looking to re-design their lives… or at least give them a makeover.
Here I am standing in our 800 ft2 solar greenhouse.
Notice the Rocket Mass Heated cob bench on the left hand side.
During the event, I’m going to be giving a live interview about how to design / build a solar greenhouse. I’ll talk about setting goals, some design Rules of Thumb, learnings from our project and will leave time for Q&A from listeners.
But there are also going to be many other wicked speakers with lots of science and entrepreneurial lessons to bring right into your home. Here’s the full list:
- Stacey Murphy, HOST: Backyard Farming for Community Resilience
- Leda Meredith: Wild Food – Herbivores Can Hunt Too
- Janell Kapoor: Using Dirt to Build Community
- Rob Avis LIVE: Your How-to Manual for Passive Solar Greenhouses
- Andrew Faust: Designing Your Life with Permaculture
- Paul Wheaton: Bricks to Build a Better World
- Meg Paska LIVE: Natural Beekeeping
- Kevin Egolf: How to Structure a Land Agreement
- Bee Ayer: Finding an Apprenticeship that’s Right for You
- Molly Culver LIVE: Growing Soil: Soil Science Basics for Organic Growers
- Brian Rosa: Scaling Up Compost Operations
Click on over to sign up for your spot and you’ll receive all the event details.