John D. Liu of the EEMP, who has partnered with us in spreading the permaculture message, has created yet another excellent documentary — this time focussing on drylands, their past function and their present dysfunction through a broadscale loss of forest cover, and its impact on soil loss and on the hydrological cycle.
In this video we travel vicariously with John as he takes us from Jordan to Africa to Asia and the Americas, showing us both degradation and restoration — and sharing the inspirational message we all need to hear: that we can undo the damage we’ve inflicted on planet earth, our home.
- John D. Liu’s Green Gold Documentary – How the West (and East, North and South!) Could Be Won
- Loess Plateau Revisited, and Other Examples of Earth Healing
- The Biology of Global Warming
- The World’s Largest Water Harvesting Earthworks Project
- Farmer Managed Natural Regeneration