National Permaculture Day is a day to promote and celebrate Permaculture. It’s a day whereby our collective effort is consolidated, providing maximum focus on Permaculture across Australia.
The day will bring many benefits. It will:
- Invite the public to learn more about Permaculture
- Provide inspiration, ideas and solutions
- Grow membership for local groups
- Build local community
- Direct people to Permaculture courses and workshops
- Provide media opportunities
- Provide Permaculture business opportunities
- Provide Permaculture people and groups an opportunity to demonstrate their skills
- Provide an annual event to bring a cohesive whole to permaculturalists across Australia and beyond.
Permaculture Sydney (which comprises Permaculture North, South and West regional groups and all their respective local groups) decided to run a Permaculture Action Day in May last year and harnessed the capacity of its large membership to put on over 20 events throughout Sydney. It was an overwhelming success attracting over 1,000 people to a variety of events including Permablitzes, workshops, films, demonstrations, talks and many open home garden tours.
Following this came inquiries from neighboring Permaculture Groups to create a larger event for 2010. Permaculture Sydney would now like to invite all to join in and make this a truly National Permaculture Day. This year groups in Cairns, Blue Mountains, Noosa, Hunter, Southern Highlands, Central Coast, Bega and more have joined the party.
This year a small management group was formed within Permaculture Sydney to organize the event. National Permaculture Day posters and flyers have been produced that any group can use and a National Permaculture Day website is currently being set up (www.permacultureday.info) from which you will be able to download posters and other material for the event. If you would like to add events send an email to Andrew at events (at) permacultureday.info