BioIntensive Gardening Workshop & Food Security and Seed Saving Workshop, with Kay Baxter at the PRIs Zaytuna Farm, NSW, Australia
Starts Feb 23, 2013 and runs for 7 day(s).
This page enables you to book and pay for Kay's two courses at the PRI's Zaytuna Farm (the 2-day BioIntensive Gardening Workshop & the 5-day Food Security and Seed Saving Workshop) for a discounted price. Taken separately they total $1,540 AUD but booked together will save 20%, or $305 AUD, making the total $1,232 AUD
Click on these links to find out more about each course, but if you want to book both of them together, to get the discounted price, be sure to come back to this page to book, as the discount only applies to this page:
- BioIntensive Gardening Workshop with Kay Baxter, at the PRI's Zaytuna Farm, NSW, Australia (starts 23 February, 2013, and runs for two days)
- Food Security and Seed Saving Workshop with Kay Baxter, at the PRI's Zaytuna Farm, NSW, Australia (starts 25 February, 2013, and runs for five days)
About the Teacher:
Kay Baxter is a professional seed saver, an educator in the fields of Nutrient Dense Food Production and Regenerative Garden design and Management, and the co-founder and Managing Director of NZ's Koanga Institute. She has authored many books, and continues to be a leading researcher in the field of human health in relation to our environment.
After attending the first Permaculture Course taught in NZ in 1984, Kay has been inspired to work closely with the principles of permaculture in a way that allows NZ home gardeners to work towards self reliance. She has worked as a design consultant, designing permaculture gardens and orchards around NZ, and developed the Koanga Institute to be a globally significant seed saving and educational organisation. In recent years her research has been focused on bringing the techniques of Biological Agriculture to methods suitable for home gardeners, to regenerate soils and produce high quality nutrient dense food. The essential links between environmental health and human health are an integral part of Kay's work and her passion for teaching and sharing her knowledge continues to inform and inspire people to positive action.
The Koanga Institute
Kay is co-founder of the Koanga Institute, a NZ charitable trust. The Koanga Institute holds a globally unique collection of more than 300 heritage fruit trees, 800 heritage seed lines and a large collection of perennial vegetables. Kay continues to be the Managing Director of the Koanga Institute, where she oversees seed production, teaches workshops and manages the research and education program.
Kay has been a permaculture design tutor at many PDCs around NZ, alongside Bob Corker. She has also taught extensively on the subjects of orchard design, BioIntensive gardening, Nutrient Dense Food production and seed saving.
- Bi-annual articles for the Koanga Institute catalogues
- Change of Heart - The ecology of Nourishing food.
- Koanga Garden Guide - a complete guide to gardening organically and sustainably.
- Design your own Orchard - Bringing Permaculture Design to the ground in Aotearoa
- Body and Soul (Co-Author) - a recipe book for home gardeners
- What's Happening? How to manage your Permaculture Home Garden / Orchard month by month.
Important information about this course
For further information for this course please contact email@example.com.
Course pricing / bookings
Prices in Australian dollars
|$1232||Discounted rate for taking the two courses together||This price has expired|
- Animals (199)
- Community (585)
- Design (597)
- Earthworks & Earth Resources (134)
- Events, Resources & News (807)
- Food & Food Support Systems (76)
- General (108)
- Permaculture Projects (926)
- Plants (526)
- Soil (374)
- Water (319)
- Why Permaculture? (1640)
- Biodiversity (242)
- Biofuels (31)
- Comedy Break (118)
- Consumerism (524)
- Deforestation (175)
- Desertification (29)
- Economics (541)
- Education (48)
- Food Shortages (333)
- Global Dimming (5)
- Global Warming/Climate Change (427)
- GMOs (198)
- Health & Disease (267)
- Musical Interlude (13)
- Nuclear (34)
- Peak Oil (277)
- Population (78)
- Society (756)
- Soil Erosion & Contamination (290)
- Water Contaminaton & Loss (282)
Permaculture Shop Items
- Kathleen Roberton on Hugelkultur: Composting Whole Trees With Ease
- D Graves on The Montado Farms Story (San Diego, California)
- Allan Laal on How to Make an Egg Mobile
- Tim Barker on How to Build a Rocket Stove Mass Water Heater
- Jonathan on Generation Gap: Wind Opens Big Lead over Nuclear in China
- Geoff Lawton on Advanced Cell Grazing with Geoff Lawton
- Joe Moraca on A “Special Period” in the Mid-Hudson Valley Feeds the New York Local Food Renaissance (USA)
- Prashanth on Bamboo Drip Irrigation
- prosper on Earthworks Course Introduction with Geoff Lawton (video)
- Jennifer Wadsworth on A Response to: “Right Livelihood – How Can We All $upport One Another?”
Zaytuna Farm Tours: